The editors of Blue Light Press warmly invite you to submit a manuscript to our Blue Light Book Award Competition. The winner will be published by Blue Light Press.
- Blue Light Press is dedicated to the publication of poetry that is imagistic, inventive, emotionally honest, and pushes the language to a deeper level of insight. We are all poets and artists, and our books are artistically designed.
- To enter, send a manuscript of 40 to 80 pages of poetry, micro fiction or prose poems, typed or printed to:
Blue Light Press
PO Box 150300
San Rafael, CA 94915
- Include a contest fee of $20.00 - check payable to Blue Light Press.
- Submit your manuscript between September 1 and February 28.
- Include a self-addressed stamped envelope for results. We must have a SASE to correspond with you. No manuscript can be returned without a SASE.
- Start each new poem on a new page, regardless of length. Front matter, bio, acknowledgments, etc., are not part of the page count. Put your name, address, email and phone number on the title page.
- The winner will be announced in June. The winning book will go into production in September or October of that year, depending on our production schedule.
- Winner will receive 5 copies of the book and a 30% royalty on book sales thereafter. (You can purchase additional copies at a generous discount + shipping). The book will be distributed by Ingram, Amazon.com, and barnesandnoble.com.
- If you win the contest, you will need to send us your manuscript in MS-Word.
- Please do not send manuscripts by registered or certified mail, as this requires a trip to the post office during business hours. If you want confirmation of receipt, include a postcard with your manuscript. We are not strict about deadlines -- if your manuscript comes a few days late, we will still read it.
- Please do not use tyvek envelopes. Paper envelopes can be recycled, and we like to be gentle to the earth.
To see poems we have published... River of Earth and Sky: Poems for the 21st Century, features more than 100 poets, mixing the best voices of our generation with the grass roots -- poets who have won the Pulitzer Prize and the National Book Award, along with lesser known poets who also deserve to be read. #2 bestseller for poetry anthologies! #3 bestseller for all American Poetry!