The editors of Blue Light Press warmly invite you to submit a manuscript to the Blue Light Poetry Prize and Chapbook Competition. The winner will be published by Blue Light Press.
- Blue Light Press is dedicated to the publication of poetry that is imagistic, inventive, emotionally honest, and pushes the language to a deeper level of insight. We are all poets and artists, and our books are artistically designed.
- To enter, send a manuscript of 10 to 28 pages of poetry, micro fiction or prose poems, typed or printed to:
Blue Light Press
PO Box 150300
San Rafael, CA 94915
- Include a contest fee of $10.00 - check payable to Blue Light Press.
- Submit your manuscript between February 1 and June 30. The winner will be announced in December, and the book will be published in the spring.
- Include a self-addressed stamped envelope for results. We must have a SASE to correspond with you. No manuscript can
be returned without a SASE.
- Start each new poem on a new page, regardless of length. Front matter, bio, acknowledgments, etc., are not part of the page count. Put your name, address, email and phone number on the title page.
- The winner will be published by Blue Light Press. You will receive 10 copies your book, which can be sold for $15.00 each, and a 30% royalty on book sales thereafter. (You can purchase additional copies at a generous discount + shipping.) The book will be distributed by Ingram, Amazon.com, and barnesandnoble.com.
- If you win the contest, you will need to send us your manuscript in MS-Word.
- Please do not send manuscripts by registered or certified mail,
as this requires a trip to the post office during business hours. If you want confirmation of receipt, include a postcard with your manuscript. We are not strict about deadlines -- if your manuscript comes a few days late, we will still read it.
- Please do not use tyvek envelopes. Paper envelopes can be recycled, and we like to be gentle to the earth.